Thursday, September 29, 2016

HIV around me

In the past 10 years, HIV was around me. And in the last 3 years, many of them “disturbed” me, big time! 

“Kuya, positive ako, should I disclose my HIV status in my scholarship application?” (A male friend in AIDS work)

“Kuya Zimm, please help, my friend is HIV positive. All of us, his friends, are in panic. We don’t know what to do.” (A gay friend who works in the IT industry)

“Peter, just so you know, I am HIV positive” (A college schoolmate whom I last met more than 20 years ago. He was a student leader. We found each other again only in social media)

“Kuya, some of my closest friends are HIV positive. My cousin also has it.” (A relative)

“Peter, urgent, please help my friend. He is HIV positive and he suspects his partner is also positive. Both of them are in the hospital.” (A female friend. A retired colleague in development work).

 “Pedz, puede ba kitang gawing HIV treatment partner? Alam mo namang wala na akong magulang at mga kapatid”. (A very close friend asking me to be his treatment partner. I knew him when we were both considering priesthood).

“Ter, wala gimisahan sa Pari ang namatay nga nanay. Asa man namo ni ilubong tawon? Aha man namo dalhon ang iyang mga anak?” (A religious brother in Visayas, asking support for the orphans and the mother who died of AIDS.)

“Akala ko sanay na ako”. (A tweet of a friend with HIV about his friends dying one by one)

No comments: